Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's About Gratitude

I'm back!  Just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes I received during my recent bout with the flu.  It's so nice to have people worry about you!

During my down time I reflected quite a bit on my life and current situations.  It's so easy when I'm not feeling well for me to fall into a depression.  I start to stress over the smallest things and dwell on misfortunes and "lack of" instead of counting my blessings. I worry about bills, work, relationships, my car, my cats, my dad, my daughter.  Instead I should be focusing on getting better and thinking good thoughts.

I've always been of the opinion that your thoughts create your reality.  I try to stay positive and focused.  I try to visualize myself happy, healthy and wealthy.  I try to be a good person and avoid negative thoughts.  I try to not worry.  But I need to stop trying and just be.  I need to put myself in God's hands and let him do the work and the worrying and just be grateful for my joylicious life.

A good friend gave me some advise the other day to help me get well.  I think it works in many situations and wanted to pass it on to you.  It was such a sweet affirmation of the goodness of people and life.

-Rest as much as you can and put in your mind the thought of gratitude for being healthy (even though you are not at the moment) but that thought will send a command to the rest of your body to heal itself.
- Eat some chicken soup (home made).
- Drink hot lemon tea with honey.
- And watch some funny movies or pictures to make you laugh and boost your immune system.
I hope you feel better soon!

So let's try and put our mind in the thought of gratitude.  Not just for being healthy but being happy and joylicious too!  Life is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment