Sunday, September 12, 2010

The End of Summer

I am just finishing a week of a very disappointing vacation.  The weather seems to have already turned to fall and I feel like summer was never here!  It rained almost every day I was off.  And, although I did drive with my sister to Enumclaw to visit a dear friend the rest of the week was mostly reading, cleaning my house, and taking it easy.

Sometimes our expectations don't live up to the real world.   Too little money, too rainy, too little energy, too constricted of a diet, all conspired to make this time not what I hoped it would be.  I need to learn to appreciate what I have. 

And I do.  I had a very relaxing, stress free week which I needed badly.  I got to see an adorable town I've never visited before.  I caught up on all my reading and research and even read an entire 800 page book in two days.  Such luxury!

I think it was my time to stop and smell the roses.  To listen to my body and realize I needed a break.  To be away from the negativity and uncertainty at work.  To have quality time with myself and my family.  It's priceless.

Tomorrow I'm back in the stress of life.  But I will look back on this past week as a time of rejuvination and restoration and not disappointment.  That's more joylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment