Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime

There is a saying that people come into our lives for a reason, a season, and a lifetime.  I had one of those awesome experiences yesterday where someone came into my life for a reason. 

As many of you know, I have been on a special diet for 3 weeks now.  It is very expensive but also very effective.  I have lost 18 lbs so far (yay me!) but was not going to continue due to lack of funding for the second 3 weeks of the program.

As I was asking questions during our meeting last night with the doctor about what the procedure was for  stopping the injections for the diet and next steps the woman next to me shouted, "You're not leaving are you?  Is it due to lack of funds?"  I told her it was and that I didn't have a choice at this time.  She told the doctor, "I'm paying for her!"  I was so shocked!  I said, "You don't even know me!"  She told me she had recently come into a windfall at her job and she wanted to pay-it-forward and she knew how much losing weight meant to me and how important it was for my health.  I started crying at her generousity and beautiful spirit of giving.  What an awesome gift!

So, to make a long story short, I am continuing on with the diet program for 3 more weeks!  And due to the incredible kindness of a stranger will be able to do it with ease and peace of mind.  I plan on paying it forward to someone else someday!  So be prepared world!!  Sooooo joylicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment