Monday, December 27, 2010

Passion and Purpose

I've been pondering on what my passion and purpose were for most of my life.  I have never figured out what I want to be when I grow up.  I am passionate about clothes, decorating, beautiful things.  But I have never been in a position to use that passion to make a living and I have never had enough money to own many of them.

 For many years I thought that my sole (soul) purpose for existing was to give birth to my daughter and that she would grow up to be great and famous.  That I was just the instrument for her to come into being almost like the mother Mary and her son Jesus.  Sometimes I still feel that way.

Lately I have been thinking and focusing more on  how I can find my purpose and meaning through my writing.  I want to touch many lives in ways that can change them.  There have been so many books and articles that have changed my life and I hope that just one blog or eventually a book of mine can do the same for someone else.

I have found that I enjoy writing.  And I think I'm pretty good at it.  I always thought that my daughter was the writer.  She is the one with the journalism degree.  She is the one who is published.  She is the one who wrote articles for the newspaper and started a book.  She has written in journals since her early teens.  She has taken classes and been certified.  I haven't done any of that and at age 56 didn't even know I could.  I didn't know where to start even.

Thanks to Dr Pat for having us makeover winners start blogs as it made me a lot more self-confident and also made me realize I do have a voice and something to say.  My throat chakra is singing!  And as I write more and more I find myself more passionate about my voice.  That's joylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment