Thursday, May 26, 2011

Watch Out~

I have been thinking a lot lately about all the hurdles that I have been jumping to achieve my current goals and I've come to some conclusions!

1) Don't get in your own way. - I'm the worst at this.  I will fret and fuss and worry myself and end up not accomplishing anything.  I need to learn to let go and let things happen the way they are supposed to.  Not be so controlling.

2) Don't expend energy on negatives in your life.  - This includes friends, co-workers and even family.  Even though I work for a newspaper, I try to avoid watching or reading excessive news.  It upsets me and depresses me and that isn't healthy.  Most of it is out of my control so it works better for me to avoid it.  I also try to stay away from negative people or clear their energy if I do have to be around them for extended periods of time.

3) "Don't dip into the past to be miserable in the present moment." quote by Louise Hay.  - I'm just as bad as most people when it comes to looking backwards instead of forward in my life.  I will dredge up old hurts or lacks and focus on them or wallow in them instead of what's important right now.  The past is over.  It can't hurt me anymore than I let it and it shouldn't affect the direction I now want my life to go.

4) Don't make it harder than it has to be. - Making more work for yourself or more drama for yourself isn't productive.  It doesn't do you any good and it doesn't do anything to enhance your life.  Let things flow downstream.  Quit fighting the current!

5) Don't beat yourself up. - Everyone makes mistakes.  We're human.  But correct the mistake and move on.  Dwelling doesn't change the mistake but fixing it or changing the pattern does.

6) Don't over-extend yourself. - Cheryl Richardson suggests that we schedule "breathing room" each day for ourselves.  Learn to say no.  Prioritize your life and make yourself your first priority.

7) Don't think "I can do it all". - Learn to delegate.  This one's hard for me.  I want to do it all.  I think, mistakenly, that I can do it better than anyone else or that it's easier and quicker to do it myself.  But I am depriving myself of shared experiences and depriving others of stepping up and helping.


Do - honor yourself and your space.
Do - eat right and get plenty of sleep.
Do - use your energy for good.
Do - be kind to yourself.
Do - ask for help.
Do - give yourself a break.
Do - be gentle with yourself and your health.
Do - meditate and take a breath.
Do - be your own best friend.
Do - be present in your life.
Do - be happy!

Now go...do it!!  It's joylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment