Wednesday, November 17, 2010

O' Those Favorite Things!

I was watching television last night and they had a commercial on for Oprah's Friday show.  It's her annual Favorite Things show.  I was excited to see what this year would bring to the lucky audience participants but I was sad to realize that, once again, I wasn't going to be part of the audience!

It has always been my dream to attend a taping of Oprah's show.  I have recorded her show since the very beginning.  I remember getting my first VCR and figuring out how to set up timed recordings so that I could watch her show every day.  How far we have come in technology over the years!  I have spent 25 years of writing to her with show ideas, comments, entering contests and hoping hoping hoping that by some miracle I would get to go to Chicago and meet her.  I've met people over the years who were on the show.  John Gray for instance who has also been a huge influence in my life.  But I have never been lucky enough to meet her.

As I contemplated the show and Oprah and what I was feeling at the moment was a huge loss in my life I realized something...I'm a winner!  And I don't need meeting the Divine Ms. O. to validate that!  2010 has been a very lucky year for me.  I have won the Dr. Pat Holistic Makeover.  I have been the recipient of gifts from her sponsors which included Vapour Cosmetics, Resveritrol from Reserveage, and chocolate from Life with Chocolate and Temple Swift.  Yesterday I received a huge box of books that I am excited to start reading.  I'm also receiving coaches to help me with life's ups and downs. I have received two sessions of my diet plan with my doctor's office paid for by a woman who wanted to pay forward her abundance to someone else and she chose me.  I have wonderful friends and a loving family.  I have an apartment that I am very happy living in.  I have my health and I have a job.  Life is good.

So, if life is so good why have I felt somewhat stuck lately with my diet, with my blog and pay it forward project, with life in general?  This is what I struggle with.  I feel that I am on the cusp of something big.  I just don't know what that is yet.  Watching that commercial at first made me feel sad and then reminded me that life is more than worrying about whether or not I'll ever get to meet Oprah.  Life is living in the present and thanking my higher powers that I'm here to enjoy it.  I need to relax, set my intentions, and allow the universe to make it's magic.  When I stop struggling, stop worrying, and start allowing, life changes.  And that's joylicious!

1 comment: